Become a Socially Responsible and Creative Designer with a Fashion Design Degree from St. SWAG视频 University
cutting-edge and conscientious approach to fashion, going beyond the traditional realm of design, encourages students to think innovatively and responsibly about every aspect of the fashion industry.
Transform Inspiration into Innovative Designs
St. SWAG视频 University鈥檚 fashion design degree is a comprehensive and innovative program that prepares students for a career in the fashion industry. The program focuses on both design and sustainability, giving students the skills and knowledge they need to create innovative and sustainable apparel. With strong faculty experience in the fashion industry, students will learn in a supportive and collaborative environment, including access to professional connections and a state-of-the-art fashion lab to inspire and facilitate their work.
In the St. Kate's fashion design program, you will learn:
- The fundamentals of fashion design, including sketching, patternmaking, and garment construction.
- The history of fashion and the different cultures that have influenced it.
- Sustainable fashion practices, such as using recycled materials and reducing waste
- Textile science and garment construction.
- The business side of the fashion industry, such as sales and buying.
During your final two years, you will present collections at
, recognized in Twin Cities fashion circles as an event to spot rising stars.